Hey guys, today I’m going to share with you guys the top books I want to read this fall. With school and work taking up my time I haven’t been reading as much as I normally do. I do hope to get through these this fall and definitely will get through them before the end of the year! Also there are a few books that released this month that I’m SUPER excited to buy!
In no particular order, let’s start with the books I want to read in the Fall.
1. City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. Yep, I still haven’t finished the Mortal Instuments, I know I’m slowly getting there. I really love the story so far and I’m so excited to get through the rest of the series.
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Again, I know! I’m a bit behind when it comes to Cassandra Clare, but it’s happening! I am so excited to dive into the Clockwork series. I have heard only good things and honestly, I feel like I love Will even though I haven’t read this just by reading how everyone else talks about him!
3. Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray. I really absolutely loved The Diviners. It was such a great novel all around. Unfortunately it was a bit chunky and took me a while to get through with life being…well life. Lair of Dreams is also a chunky book but I have no fears! I’m going to devour it and I’m very excited to get back into Evies world of the Diviners.
4. Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas. I really don’t know where I’ve been but clearly I’m missing out on some amazing stuff. I have had Throne of Glass sitting on my shelves for some time but you know how it is…it’s kind of similar to being distracted by shiny objects, except I’m distracted by new books. I’ve heard great things and I need more Fantasy in my life after reading (and experiencing withdrawals) The Last of the Firedrakes.
5. Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough. I have had this book on my shelf for YEARS. Seriously, it’s been so long, I’m a little ashamed. I’m currently reading this and it’s really good so far. Very Fall appropriate and it has WITCHES. AND TIME TRAVEL. What?! I’ll have a review up soon.
Last but certainly not least… 6. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. I first heard this title because of the show, I had no idea there was a book. I have seen a couple episodes of the TV show and really enjoyed it so I picked up the book. I’m hoping I’ll like it just as much.
Also here’s a fall inspired picture from my Instagram because it just fits perfectly with this post.
Now let’s jump into the books I’m excited to pick up this month!
1. Beastly Bones by William Ritter. I am beyond excited to purchase this book. It is the second book in the Jackaby series and a highly anticipated release. I really enjoyed Jackaby and I can not wait to see what else happens in this lovely world. Released on September 22nd.
2. Dreamland by Robert L. Anderson. The synopsis for this book really caught my attention and I think it will be an interesting read. It’s been a while but it almost reminded me of the Gone trilogy by Lisa Mcmann, and I loved them. I’m very excited to pick this one up. Released on September 22nd.
3. A Whole New World by Liz Braswell. Uhhhh, Disney Princess retelling? Yes, please, now, thanks. I’m super excited to get my hands on this as I love, LOVE Aladdin! Released on September 1st.
4. The Sleeper and The Spindle by Neil Gaiman; Illustrated by Chris Riddell. Neil Gaiman is an auto buy author. I NEED all his work, on my shelf, looking pretty. He’s fantastic and I was super excited when I read about this. Holy cow batman, the artwork on the cover looks amazing and I’m sure the rest of the book will be nothing short of gorgeous. Released on September 22nd.
5. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo. First just take a second to appreciate how captivating that cover is. I would buy this book just because of the cover. Good thing the synopsis sounds amazing as well! 😉 I feel like this book is right up my alley and has potential favorite written all over it. Released on September 29th.
Lastly, because I’m obsessed…did you guys see they are releasing an Outlander, Sherlock, and Once Upon a Time set of Funko Pop Vinyl Figures?! I’m so incredibly excited for them to come out in October. I need them all! Especially the Hook figure. He is absolute bae guys. I did manage to find an exclusive Sherlock Funko at Hot Topic holding a skull. He is the ABSOLUTE CUTEST.